1. 题目：How was your school trip？
How was your day off? Did you have fun camping? I did not have a very fun day. I visited my cousins. It rained all day. In the morning, I stayed in the house and watched DVDs, played computer games and read. In the afternoon, Uncle Martin put some of his old things out in the yard and had a yard sale! However, no one came to the sale because the weather was so bad. Luckily, we brought our umbrellas and raincoats, so we did not get wet.
How was your school trip？简案
1. Teaching aims
1) Knowledge aim
Students will be able to master the new words, phrases and learn some basic elements of writing letters.
2) Ability aim
Students can train their writing abilities by summing up ideas and thinking independently.
3) Emotional aim
Students will be interested in learning English and can have a good communication with their friends.
2. Important and difficult points
1) Important point
Students can learn the knowledge of writing.
2) Difficult point
Guide students to organize a letter.
3. Teaching and learning methods
Situational teaching method; communicative teaching method; task-based teaching method; group work method; cooperation study method; independent study method
4. Teaching procedures
Step 1: Warming up and Lead in
1) Daily greet
2) I will present them some pictures and introduce my trips on the day off. Then guide the students to have a discussion about their days off.
Step 2: Pre-writing
1) Students will be required to read the letter on the PowerPoint, and collect some useful expressions. Then asked students to answer some questions with their partners.
2) Ask the students to summarize how to write a letter. I will write student's opinion on the blackboard. After that, I will explain the format of the letter.
Step 3: While-writing
Students will have a brainstorm about what happened after the yard sale, and what did they do in the evening. They can write down some important words.
After brainstorm, Students will continue to finish the letter in their own mind according to the explanation within the stipulated time. Teacher will move around the classroom and give them help if necessary.
Step 4: Post-writing
Students edit the letter by themselves first.
Students will exchange their letter with their classmates to correct the mistakes. Then ask volunteer to share the letter in the class. Teacher give comments on it.
Step 5: Summary and homework
1) Summary: Lead the students to summarize what they have learned in this class. Choose the representatives to share their opinions.
2) Homework: Write a letter to your friend about your school life.
5. Blackboard design
How was your school trip？
In the morning stay in the house
play computer games
In the afternoon yard sale